Friday, July 29, 2011

Belk Credit Card Payment Fiasco



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Belk Credit card payment[/caption]



  • 11111

  • 11111

  • 11111

  • 11111


I obtained a Belk credit card in 2009. I don’t want a Belk credit card but I got 15% off of my purchase if I got 1 so I did. I’ve utilized it a time or two because, but any time I have utilised it, I’ve often paid the balance in complete. I final utilised it in December 2010.

Quick forward to April 2011. My father, who has the same name as me, went to make a obtain at Belk. They said there was a difficulty with his Belk credit card and that they would send him a new one. They asked him for his name and his ZIP code (I reside in the identical ZIP code, if you can see this one particular coming). So, they open up MY account and charge his purchase to it. Then he received a new Belk credit card in the mail (with each of our names on it, but with my account range, unbeknownst to him), and in Could 2011, when he was in North Carolina, he created further purchases. Combined, they totaled $ 187.

Now, dad waits for it to post on his account and it by no means does. Consequently, I got a call from Belk yesterday saying my account was previous due and that I have currently been charged a late charge. Needless to say, I get really upset since I haven’t used my card. Visualize the Abbott and Costello program that goes on in that discussion.

As my father and I have the very same name and as we occasionally have to get our credit bureau reports straightened up simply because of the sloppy and unethical credit method we have here in the United States, I call him and asked if he’d produced any purchases. The purchase in North Carolina clued me in simply because I knew he was there in Might 2011. He confirmed he did make the purchases and was asking yourself why they didn’t post to his account.

So, I call Belk and they tell me that all he necessary to access my account was my name and ZIP code when he created the obtain. The Belk clerk certainly is the one particular who produced the mistake, but Belk ought to have safety measures in place to stop such blunders. They removed the late fee and interest and informed me my father could make the payment online.

Yesterday evening, we consider to make the on the web payment but it is nonetheless showing the late charge and interest and I necessary to know the actual balance. It was past 7:00 PM and the Belk customer service call center has closed. I gave my dad my bill and asked him to call and make the payment today.

My dad called Belk buyer service 3 (3) instances these days and not only would they NOT let him pay off my account, but they told him it would expense $ 15 to spend above the mobile phone and he was hung up on twice by the beautiful Belk buyer service idiots. None would let him make the payment.

Now, Belk employees violated my privacy by allowing unauthorized purchases to MY account inappropriately place my father in an unpleasant situation by putting his purchases on his son’s account when all he was carrying out was trying to make legitimate purchases on his personal account and now they not only won’t let him spend it off, but they harass him and hang up on him 3 occasions in the approach.

Belk customer service is pathetic. I do not advise everyone performing organization with Belk or using their shoddy credit cards in which 1 will have to deal with their pathetic buyer service people.

Comments on: Belk Credit Card
Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments:

Post a Comment