Monday, February 28, 2011

STOP PRESS..Aurora 1/16 Vega sells for US$1,000 !!

Hi all. I just had to post this .. I have been following a couple of E-bay auctions for Aurora 1/16 drag kits ( yeah - I'm dreaming that I can afford one ) . Anyhoo - a complete model of the Aurora racing scenes Vega funny car has just sold for US$999 !. There were 2 bidders above $462.55, and the final bid at 16:25:01 PST for US$999.00 was the winner ( yes - that's right not ninety nine dollars - NINE HUNDRED and ninety nine dollars ! ).

Now I'm not sure what this means, and I sure hope ( Mr / Mrs/ Jnr ) t**i is happy with their purchase. Perhaps c**f pipped at the post with the LOSING bid of US$989.00 is breathing a sigh of relief ( after a hard look in the mirror ). I'm sure I would figure to wait a few days for the next one to come along.

On the bright side, perhaps the winner is planning to reverse engineer the whole kit to bring this long missed modelling marvel back to the hobby store shelves? ( nah - still dreaming... )

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/944470.aspx

Johnnie Parsons Riccardo Patrese Al Pease Roger Penske

No comments:

Post a Comment